2013-08-25

Japan Self-Defense Force


Japan’s Self-Defense Force showed off its military hardware during an annual exercise near Mt. Fuji in Gotemba, Japan.  Usually, there is not much media attention during this event.  However, this year was different.  There was more media than usual as Japan put on a big show in part to send a message to China, who is currently engaged in a territorial dispute...

It's been a while since I covered military hardware, but it was enjoyable in spite of the poor weather.  It was a rainy day and I had no protective covers for my camera or myself.  Fortunately, my equipment that day was weather sealed by design and I was able to shoot without concern for the rain.  The only annoyance was trying to dry everything including me.









No comments:

Post a Comment